Barry, United Kingdom
Great journeys require first class aircraft and that is why our unrivalled engineering function is so important to the British Airways experience. British Airways Maintenance Cardiff is home to BA’s world class engineering team and we would like to welcome applications for our latest Mechanic vacancies within our Production department.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a hugely skilled and experienced team carrying out routine maintenance, servicing, repairs and component changes along with Large cabin/IFE modification programmes on the British Airways wide body Boeing fleet of aircraft (777-200/300, 787-8/9).
Working in the impressive and purpose built Aircraft Maintenance facility located on Cardiff International Airport, you’ll be an integral part of a team of Engineers, Technicians and Mechanics working on every section of the aircraft to keep them in perfect working order. You will be provided with opportunities to develop your existing skills and knowledge whilst gaining invaluable new ones, setting you up for a bright future within BA Engineering Wales.
If you are still interested in becoming part of our talented team and want to be considered for the role, we do need you to meet the criteria below.
- You will have an apprenticeship in a Mechanical / Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications
- You will have good engineering hand skills and must be able to follow procedures and technical documentation
- You will demonstrate good interpersonal and people skills and be an effective communicator
- You will have good analytical and problem-solving skills and be PC literate
- You can work with engineering and document management systems
- You can work shifts. We currently work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and have vacancies on both the day and night shift which come with a shift premium
- Can work in confined spaces as required (fuel tanks)
- Experience in an aviation environment is desirable but not essential
Salary £28,641pa (pay award pending) plus shift allowance.
In return for keeping our fleet safe at the forefront of the sector you’ll receive great rewards and plenty of scope to develop your mechanical and engineering skills to progress your career.
At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work. Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognise that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work.
Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
Please complete online application form and attach CV
Working in Barry
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.