Carlos Marques Guilherme - Customer Service Agent
"I contracted polio when I was nine months old and my mother was told by doctors that there was nothing that they could do. She was a very strong woman and all the fortitude I have comes from her, and here I am today.
I am barely capable of walking without crutches and use a mobility scooter in the terminal, but that hasn’t held me back. Throughout my life, I was told I couldn’t do certain things, and it simply drove me to strive harder than everyone else. As a teenager, I was told that I would never even ride a bicycle and now I race motorbikes and hope to compete in the Disabled Superbike Championship.
I grew up in Portugal, and had a diverse career before joining British Airways eleven years ago. I am a disabled activist, and fortunately my work here has allowed me marry my two passions of customer service and disability rights to coordinate a fantastic team at BA who look after our customers with reduced mobility."
- Electronic Flight Bag Administrator Heathrow, United Kingdom
- Revenue Management Analyst Heathrow, United Kingdom
- Employee Data Management Executive Heathrow, United Kingdom
- Apprenticeship Coach (Cabin Crew Apprenticeships) Heathrow, United Kingdom
- Engineering Administrator – Material Expeditor Heathrow, United Kingdom