At British Airways, we’re passionate about creating unforgettable experiences. As an Inflight Lead you’ll have rather an important role in making sure customers keep coming back. This job’s all about leading our onboard service.
Your aim will be to establish and maintain the highest standards for service. In this multifunctional role you’ll be one of our experienced Cabin Crew, also qualified as a Senior Cabin Crew Member. You will be leading the teams as the SCCM onboard our short-haul flights, and when called to at times, on our long-haul flights. You’ll support your Inflight Manager in empowering colleagues to be the best they can be, delivering a world-class, personalised service, even on the most demanding of days.
As the industry continues to evolve, you’ll be expected to embrace change and all the new technologies to help your team put the customer first on every flight.
Salary, Bonuses & Benefits
This is a key position for us at Gatwick and your hard work in leading and inspiring your team will be rewarded with an attractive package.
Being a Gatwick Customer Service Supervisor on our long-haul or as a Senior Cabin Crew Member on our short-haul operation, is challenging but rewarding. We offer a competitive reward package, including a basic salary, flying/duty pay and a subsistence allowance when you are flying, and generous company benefits including Staff Travel benefits from day one of joining.
You will receive an hourly payment when you’re flying and on duty. A subsistence allowance when you fly and have the opportunity to earn a performance bonus, plus commission on inflight retail and Buy on Board sales.
- Paid annual leave starting at 30 days per year
- Preference bidding – allowing you to request periodic work schedules
- Investment in ongoing training and development
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines*
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Innovative leadership and management programmes
- Contributory company pension and flexible benefits
- Access to British Airways Health Services
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Dedicated secure car parking close to the terminals
- Designer uniform
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores
* after qualifying period of six months
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
Have a question about becoming a member of the British Airways Cabin Crew? Go to our FAQs page.