At British Airways, we’re passionate about creating unforgettable experiences. As an In-Flight Business Manager, you’ll have rather an important role in making sure customers keep coming back. This job’s all about driving a high-performance culture – leading, managing, coaching and inspiring your team of Customer Service Managers to deliver.
You’ll mainly be based on the ground – but don’t worry, your flying days are far from over. There will still be flights to stay in touch with the onboard experience and customer needs. It’s vital for ensuring your Customer Service Managers deliver a world-class, personalised service, even on the most demanding of days.
Your aim will be to establish and maintain the highest standards for service. So, you’ll build a culture of mentoring, engagement and empowerment that recognises individual contributions. You’ll empower colleagues to be the best they can be. As the industry continues to evolve, you’ll be expected to embrace change and all the new technologies to help your team put the customer first on every flight.
If you’ve proved you can mentor, manage, develop and engage others as a Customer Service Manager, this is your next step up and an opportunity to keep developing your management skills. You could find yourself managing 22 Customer Service Managers, who in turn manage 7-8 Cabin Crew – so directly and indirectly, you could potentially have 130 people under your wing.
Salary, Bonuses & Benefits
This is a key position for us at Heathrow and your hard work in leading and inspiring your team will be rewarded with an attractive package.
Our salaries and package are competitive and are in line with similar roles across the industry.
Share in our success. Individual bonuses are given in line with our financial, operational, customer and personal performance.
- 26 days annual leave
- Preference bidding – allowing you to request periodic work schedules
- Investment in ongoing training and development
- Total Reward package including a variety of benefits to choose from, such as gym membership and range of financial products
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines*
- Special offers on holidays and unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Innovative leadership and management programmes
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Access to British Airways Health Services
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Designer uniform
- Dedicated secure car parking close to Terminal 5
- Free airport parking at Heathrow while on holiday
- Discount on the Heathrow Express
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow, including our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre
- At our Waterside Head Office, you’ll have access to: a cashpoint, HighLife Shop, company gym, dental care, Waterside Hair and Beauty
*after qualifying period of six months
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
Latest heathrow-inflight-business-manager jobsSee all
As a company our number one priority is to maintain the safety and security of our people and our customers. Pre-employment checks on all new joiners are essential. We have specific regulatory requirements that apply to these checks, as we are an aviation business.
These checks may seem quite complex and time consuming. But don’t worry, we’re here to guide and support you through the entire process. For airside roles we need to do a full five year pre-employment check, this includes education, ALL jobs, gaps and holidays of more than 28 days, along with documentary evidence. It is important that you provide us with accurate, and in-depth information. Discrepancies cause delay and may affect your start date.
You will also need to apply for a Criminal Records Check (CRC) also known as a Disclosure Baring Service Certificate (DBSC) and an overseas CRC if you have lived abroad in the last five years. If you already have an overseas criminal record certificate that is over 10 weeks old, it is valid if you have not returned to the country of issue to reside.
Typically, the CRC or DBSC will take two weeks to be issued, the overseas CRC will vary from country to country. The Pre-employment checks for airside will typically take around 16 weeks, the time will vary depending on the number of jobs, periods of education and gaps we have to check, and validate.
We will work with you, and our 3rd Party suppliers to make sure the process is as seamless as possible. Your help is vital, and much appreciated.
Have a question about becoming a member of the British Airways Cabin Crew? Go to our FAQs page.