At British Airways, we’re passionate about putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
As an In-flight Business Manager, you’ll drive a high-performance culture – leading, managing, coaching and inspiring your team of Customer Service Managers to deliver.
Mainly based on the ground – although some flying is required to lead your team to be the best it can be – you’ll ensure that your Customer Service Managers deliver a world-class, personalised service, even on the most demanding of days.
Your aim will be to establish and maintain the highest standards for service. So you’ll build a culture of mentoring, engagement and empowerment that recognises individual contributions and enables people to be the best they can be. As the industry continues to evolve, you’ll be expected to embrace change and all the new technologies to help your team put the customer first on every flight.
If you’ve proved you can mentor, manage, develop and engage others as a Customer Service Manager, this is your next step up and an opportunity to keep developing your management skills. You could find yourself managing 22 Customer Service Managers, who in turn manage 12 Cabin Crew – so directly and indirectly, you could potentially have 130 people under your wing!
Salary, Bonuses & Benefits
This is a key position for us at Heathrow and your hard work in leading and inspiring your team will be rewarded with an attractive package.
Our salaries and package are competitive and are in line with similar roles across the industry.
Share in our success. Individual bonuses are given in line with our financial, operational, customer and personal performance.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year
- Preference bidding – allowing you to request periodic work schedules
- Investment in ongoing training and development
- Total Reward package including a variety of benefits to choose from, such as childcare vouchers, gym membership and range of financial products
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines*
- Special offers on holidays and unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Innovative leadership and management programmes
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Access to British Airways Health Services
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Julien MacDonald designer uniform
- Dedicated secure car parking close to Terminal 5
- Free airport parking at Heathrow while on holiday
- Discount on the Heathrow Express
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow, including our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre
- At our Waterside Head Office, you’ll have access to: A cashpoint, Waitrose, HighLife Shop, company gym, dental care, Waterside Hair and Beauty
*after qualifying period of six months
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
As a company our number one priority is to maintain the safety and security of our people and our customers. The requirement to do thorough pre-employment checks on all new joiners is essential. We have specific regulatory requirements that apply to these checks as we are an aviation business and these may feel quite complex and time consuming.
For airside roles we need to do a full 5 year pre-employment check, this includes education, ALL jobs and gaps of 28 days, or more, along with documentary evidence.
It is important that you provide us with accurate, and in-depth information as any discrepancies will cause delay and may affect your start date.
You will also need to apply for a Criminal Records Check (CRC,) as well as an overseas CRC if you have lived overseas in the last 5 years. If an overseas criminal record certificate is over 10 weeks old but you have not returned to the country of issue it is valid, if you have revisited the country during this period it is no longer valid.
Typically the CRC will take two weeks to be issued, the overseas CRC will vary from country to country. The Pre-employment checks for airside will typically take around 16 weeks, the time will vary depending on the number of jobs, or gaps we have to check, and validate.
We realise this sounds quite complex but we will work with you, and our 3rd Party suppliers to make sure the process is as seamless as possible.
Your help with the process is vital, and would be much appreciated.
Have a question about becoming a member of the British Airways Cabin Crew? Go to our FAQs page.