There has never been a more exciting time to join our Business, the boundaries of what can be achieved are limited only by your imagination. We are looking for visionary pioneers with a commercial outlook, shrewd business acumen, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This programme is open to all degree disciplines. We’ll take your flair and potential and show you how to take a genuinely dynamic approach to business.
2nd October 2023
30th November 2023
Online chat to Ellie, one of our Commercial Graduates, using this link link
Over 3 years, you’ll complete 3 very different and unique roles across our Commercial departments with the aim of developing you to become a commercial expert and leader of the future.
These 12-month placements will challenge and inspire you and give you exposure to every facet of our global commercial business, often with some international travel along the way. Your experience will take you on some amazing journeys within some of these teams:
- Revenue Management: as well as understanding how an airline drives revenue and makes profit, you will be personally owning decisions on how we price our products, decide on their availability and how we exploit and develop ancillary sales for a specific region in the world.
- Sales: you’ll represent BA and work directly with our customers, understanding their needs and negotiating deals on behalf of British Airways, Iberia and American Airlines.
- Retail & CRM: you will experience how we attract new customers, maximise retention and nurture the relationship with our customers.
- Digital Product & Experience: not only will you get expertise in agile, scrum and product management, but you will be delivering products and features on our website ba.com and the BA app that drive customer value.
- Commercial Strategy: At the heart of Commercial, you will gain experience in defining strategies and goals and working across Commercial to drive them forward.
- Distribution and Payments: you will help to deliver smart product distribution strategies and deliver innovative new payment solutions.
Ambitious and data-centric thinking is the norm for our Commercial team and you’ll find many different ways to make your ideas count. We want you to help us outpace and outperform our peers by creating momentum and impacting on the bottom line.
The opportunities are endless. You could be on the road sealing deals with corporate customers, showcasing new aircraft in locations overseas, strategising how to make a route profitable, devising digital marketing campaigns or launching new sustainability features on our website ba.com.
Development & progression
Through real responsibility, you’ll focus your learnings within your day job and also through a structured learning, training and development plan. Throughout the programme, you’ll have a support network of colleagues around you to nurture your development – but you’ll also independently plan and track your own professional development. To enable your leadership growth, we are offering a variety of structured learning courses including gaining a professional qualification as part of this scheme.
We are looking for a minimum of a 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject (achieved or expected). You will also have a strong commercial aptitude, analytical ability and a curious and creative mindset. We’re looking for those who are collaborative and proactive to take initiative, challenge the status quo and drive change in our business.