For this 3-year Programme, you’ll be integral to driving initiatives at British Airways. As long as you’re brave in your thinking and determined to prove your abilities and future potential, you’ll flourish.
Online chat to Tamara, one of our Aircraft Mechanic apprentices, using this link
Year 1 - SVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations and an HNC in Aircraft Engineering
Year 2 and 3 - SVQ Level 3 in Aeronautical Engineering (Aircraft Maintenance)
About the programme
British Airways Maintenance Glasgow (BAMG) carries out heavy maintenance on the British Airways shorthaul fleet of Airbus A319/A320/A321 aircraft within a two-bay hangar based at Glasgow International Airport.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to become the future talent in aircraft engineering. The Apprenticeship is a three-year programme with direct entry to British Airways Engineering, aimed at developing you to become a professional Aircraft Engineer and assist in the delivery of an outstanding engineering operation. The programme is crafted to give you a broad understanding of the Engineering Operation whilst gaining the qualifications you need to become a future Aircraft Mechanic.
- Work with our engineering teams and develop your skills by helping with the maintenance of our full fleet of aircraft
- Be involved in routine aircraft servicing and help with any minor repairs or modifications
- Learn about the importance of health, safety and security in everything our engineering teams do
- Develop your engineering skills and knowledge through a combination of on-the-job learning and coursework
- Gain formal qualifications that will set you up for a successful career as an Aircraft Mechanic or Engineer
What we look for
We are looking for five National 5’s at grades A – C (or equivalent) which must include English, any Science subject and Maths. We do accept predicted grades, but they must be achieved by the apprenticeship start date.
- A genuine interest in, and passion for engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Awareness of safety issues
- Self-motivation to learn and develop
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Adaptability to change
- Important qualification information
- You must have achieved the required minimum grades before starting in August