At British Airways, we’re passionate about customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and security.
As an In-flight Business Manager, you’ll drive a high-performance culture – leading, managing, coaching and inspiring your team of Customer Service Managers to meet and exceed expectations.
Mainly based on the ground – although some flying is required to lead your team to be the best it can be – you’ll ensure that your Customer Service Managers deliver a world-class, personalised service, even on the most demanding of days.
Your aim will be to establish and maintain the highest standards for service. So you’ll build a culture of mentoring, engagement and empowerment that recognises individual contributions and enables people to be the best they can be.
As the industry continues to evolve, you’ll be expected to embrace change and all the new technologies that will help your team deliver a world class personalised service on every flight. Helping to deliver fleet initiatives, you’ll drive forward customers’ recommendations and ensure their feedback is acted on.
If you’ve proved yourself as a Customer Service Manager, this is your next step up and an opportunity to keep developing your management skills. You could find yourself managing 15 Customer Service Managers, who in turn manage eight Cabin Crew – so directly and indirectly, you could potentially have 130 people under your wing!
Salary, Bonuses & Benefits
This is a key position for us at Gatwick and your hard work in leading and inspiring a team of Customer Service Managers will be rewarded with an attractive package.
Our salaries and package are competitive and are in line with similar roles across the industry.
Share in our success. Individual bonuses are given in line with our financial, operational, customer and personal performance.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year
- Preference bidding – allowing you to request periodic work schedules
- Investment in ongoing training and development
- Total Reward package including a variety of benefits to choose from, such as childcare vouchers, gym membership and range of financial products
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines*
- Special offers on holidays and unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Innovative leadership and management programmes
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Access to British Airways Health Services
- Access to various health clubs
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Julien MacDonald designer uniform
- Free airport parking at Heathrow while on holiday
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores
- Discount on the Heathrow Express
*after qualifying period of six months
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
Have a question about becoming a member of the British Airways Cabin Crew? Go to our FAQs page.