As a British Airways Pilot, you’ll be at the controls of some of the world’s most advanced aircraft. You’ll get to fly to a wide selection of amazing destinations. You’ll be an ambassador for one the world’s most iconic brands. Most important of all, you will be a role model – dedicated to giving our customers the best possible experience on every flight.
Our business has ambitious plans for the future, including expanding our global network further and wider. Which means your career prospects will be looking rather good. This is where to fly if you want to be sitting in the Captain’s seat one day. Your route into British Airways is via our Direct Entry Pilot Scheme.
As a dedicated Pilot for our iconic brand, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary with additional flying pay and duty allowances. You may also enjoy:
- Our flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and offers a range of benefits including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension. The scheme gives you more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions we make. The benefits to choose from include; critical illness cover, Electric car scheme, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Access to an industry leading roster bidding system.
- All pilots are eligible for non-contributory Loss of Licence scheme provided by the company after a qualifying period.
- A non-contributory Healthcare plan.
- Access to British Airways Health Services.
- Life insurance.
- Up to 42 days annual holiday, including 8 days in lieu of the bank holidays.
- Investment in ongoing training and development.
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines.
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family.
- Free airport parking at Heathrow while on holiday.
- Discount on the Heathrow Express.
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores.
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow, including our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre.
- Subsidised staff restaurants.
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
- A current UK Part-FCL Licence (or have initiated the transfer process).
- UK CAA Class 1 flight crew medical.
- Rating requirements will differ per campaign.
- A good level of physical fitness, and ability to satisfy the British Airways medical requirements.
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language.
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel.
As a company our number one priority is to maintain the safety and security of our people and our customers. Pre-employment checks on all new joiners are essential. We have specific regulatory requirements that apply to these checks, as we are an aviation business.
These checks may seem quite complex and time consuming. But don’t worry, we’re here to guide and support you through the entire process. For airside roles we need to do a full five year pre-employment check, this includes education, ALL jobs, gaps and holidays of more than 28 days, along with documentary evidence. It is important that you provide us with accurate, and in-depth information. Discrepancies cause delay and may affect your start date.
You will also need to apply for a Criminal Records Check (CRC) also known as a Disclosure Baring Service Certificate (DBSC) and an overseas CRC if you have lived abroad in the last five years. If you already have an overseas criminal record certificate that is over 10 weeks old, it is valid if you have not returned to the country of issue to reside.
Typically, the CRC or DBSC will take two weeks to be issued, the overseas CRC will vary from country to country. The Pre-employment checks for airside will typically take around 16 weeks, the time will vary depending on the number of jobs, periods of education and gaps we have to check, and validate.
We will work with you, and our 3rd Party suppliers to make sure the process is as seamless as possible. Your help is vital, and much appreciated.