Not only will you be a Pilot for one of the world’s most iconic brands, you’ll see some of the greatest vistas the world has to offer, fly some of the world’s most technically advanced aircrafts, to the widest selection of destinations.
Our global reputation is built on trust and recognition that we have the highest standards for safety and security, but also our ability to deliver an exceptional personalised service to our customers. Our Pilots are brand advocates, as well as exceptional leaders, and professional role models to all of our customers, and crew on board.
As a dedicated Pilot for our iconic brand, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary with additional flying pay and duty allowances. You may also enjoy:
- Our new flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and offer a range of benefits to choose from including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension, helping you save for the future. The scheme gives colleagues choice and more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions that you will receive from British Airways. The range of benefits to choose from include - critical illness cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Access to an industry leading roster bidding system.
- All pilots are eligible for non-contributory Loss of Licence scheme provided by the Company after a qualifying period.
- A non-contributory Healthcare plan.
- Access to British Airways Health Services.
- Life insurance.
- Up to 42 days annual holiday, including 8 days in lieu of the bank holidays.
- Investment in ongoing training and development.
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines.*
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family.
- Free airport parking at Heathrow while on holiday.
- Discount on the Heathrow Express.
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores.
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow, including our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre.
- Subsidised staff restaurants.
- At our Waterside Head Office, you’ll have access to: a cashpoint, Waitrose, HighLife Shop, company gym, dental care, Waterside Hair and Beauty.
*after qualifying period of six months
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
- A current UK issued EASA Flight Crew Licence
- EASA Class 1 flight crew medical
- Rating requirements will differ per campaign
- Your height will need to be between 1.57m (5'2") and 1.91m (6'3") with weight in proportion to height (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft
- A good level of physical fitness, and ability to satisfy the British Airways medical requirements
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
As a company our number one priority is to maintain the safety and security of our people and our customers. The requirement to do thorough pre-employment checks on all new joiners is essential. We have specific regulatory requirements that apply to these checks as we are an aviation business and these may feel quite complex and time consuming.
For airside roles we need to do a full 5 year pre-employment check, this includes education, ALL jobs and gaps of 28 days, or more, along with documentary evidence.
It is important that you provide us with accurate, and in-depth information as any discrepancies will cause delay and may affect your start date.
You will also need to apply for a Criminal Records Check (CRC,) as well as an overseas CRC if you have lived overseas in the last 5 years. If an overseas criminal record certificate is over 10 weeks old but you have not returned to the country of issue it is valid, if you have revisited the country during this period it is no longer valid.
Typically the CRC will take two weeks to be issued, the overseas CRC will vary from country to country. The Pre-employment checks for airside will typically take around 16 weeks, the time will vary depending on the number of jobs, or gaps we have to check, and validate.
We realise this sounds quite complex but we will work with you, and our 3rd Party suppliers to make sure the process is as seamless as possible.
Your help with the process is vital, and would be much appreciated.