Fancy being part of the team that drives digital transformation for our customers? On a rotational scheme over 18 months, you’ll get your teeth into a range of projects that enable us to work smarter for our customers.
Online chat to Lucy, one of our former Business Professional apprentices at British Airways, using this link
London Heathrow / Hybrid
About the programme
Our Digital team is responsible for one of the first interactions our customers have with the brand – through the British Airways website and App. The team has an unwavering focus on creating memorable Digital experiences and the many elements that contribute to this. This involves everything from how we acquire the best quality traffic to site, how we efficiently convert searches into bookings, how we continuously improve our Digital products using customer feedback, all whilst ensuring the website and app are available globally 24/7.
You will join our team on an 18-month apprenticeship, following one of two journeys.
1. Product and Digital Operations
On this journey you will explore the four phases of the product life cycle, from coming up with ideas on how we can improve our customer experience on the website and app using customer feedback, to implementing these working alongside designers, researchers and developers. Data and insights are essential to what we do, so you’ll be involved in research and gaining customer feedback through running workshops or using software tools. On this journey you will study towards a Level 3 Business Analyst qualification.
On this journey you will explore how we acquire customers to ba.com and the App, and how we can drive more customers to book with us from their first interaction. You’ll be involved with ensuring the destinations, themes and travel periods we are promoting are aligned to market trends. An eye for detail is essential to make sure our marketing campaigns are effectively supported on our website. As you’ll be looking at market trends, reviewing competitor activity regularly will play an important part of this role. On this journey you will study towards a Level 3 Digital Marketing qualification.
- Assist in planning and supporting customer research to drive development on ba.com or British Airways App
- Use data and insight to proactively identify and resolve defects and customer pain points
- Understand how customers search and buy products on ba.com, working with Content Editors and Marketing to ensure priorities align with market trends
- Gain practical experience of marketing channels such as Paid Search, SEO, affiliate marketing or retargeting
What we look for
- English and Maths GCSE 9-4 (A*-C) is desirable but not essential.
- Confident communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Logical problem-solving skills.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office 365 systems (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
Important qualification information
As part of your application process, we will be asking you a few questions to establish if you are eligible for funding as part of this apprenticeship. All information you give will be checked and verified later.Here is what you will be asked for when you apply:
- Confirmation that you don’t already hold a qualification in the subject area of the Apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
- Are you able to prove that you have the right to live and work full time in the UK, without sponsorship from British Airways?
- Do you hold a valid and current passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland?
- Can you confirm that you have not lived or worked outside of the UK with-in the last three years?
If you are able to satisfy the above entry and eligibility criteria, then we encourage you to apply!
If you’re not a UK passport holder we’ll need you confirm that you don’t already have a disqualifying qualification, that you have lived in the UK continuously for the last three years, and that, if you hold a visa, you don’t have any work restrictions.
Based on your responses we’ll do some further checks to confirm your eligibility for the programme.