For aspiring Data Scientists, why not complete our virtual preskilling programme, which has been designed to bring to life what our Data Science teams do on a daily basis! With real life projects and realistic work tasks, it's a fantastic way for students to gain insight and real experience in the world of Data Science.
Enroll today: British Airways Data Science - Forage (theforage.com).
Data drives decision making across the whole British Airways business. On this Apprenticeship, you’ll learn how to apply advanced analytical and AI techniques to draw valuable insight from many different sources. We’ll give you real-world business problems to tackle, enabling you to put into practice the theories and techniques you’ve covered in the classroom. As data will only increase in importance to us, your future here will look very bright indeed.
Data Science Apprenticeship
Online chat to Emma, one of our Data Science Apprentices at British Airways, using this link
Degree Level Apprenticeship (Level 6) BSc in Data Science
2nd October 2023
About the programme
You’ll be breaking down mathematical business models and metrics through the use of analytics – including applied statistics, data mining, and data science techniques. When learning how to deliver BA data assets and data sets, we’ll make sure you can see how projects work from beginning to end. You’ll support us in ensuring these assets meet high standards in business requirement, solution design, solution development and testing.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative models for business issues, which evaluate every possible scenario and assess the implications of actions.
- Improve the information available to decision makers by developing new metrics and models, using both historic data and predictive analytics (including statistics and machine learning).
- Obtain data from a range of data sources and combine it to provide new insights (or to provide input to business modelling).
- Structure well-defined business problems into new projects by identifying key issues, clarifying the scope, and shaping the analysis required to deliver insights.
- Clearly communicate key insights to non-technical colleagues.
- Create robust and supportable code to process data and contribute to debugging.
What we look for
- 128 UCAS points at A Level (ABB) with a B in Maths.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills (Desirable)
- Confidence with numerical concepts and problem solving.
- Good communication skills: including comfortability presenting to small groups, able to explain complex issues and able to clearly communicate key messages.
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Delivers project work in a timely manner to a high standard.
- Prioritises own work to meet requirements.
- Works well as part of a team and supports other team members as appropriate.
- Pro-actively shares knowledge.