For this 4-year Programme, you’ll be integral to driving initiatives at British Airways. As long as you’re brave in your thinking and determined to prove your abilities and future potential, you’ll flourish.
Online chat to Aodan, one of our current Aspiring Leader Apprentices at British Airways, link
Level 6 Chartered Manager
London Heathrow / Working From Home
2nd October 2023
About the programme
You’ll need to be ready for anything. Why? Because we’ll give you real responsibility from your first day. This apprenticeship will see you taking on several rotational placements, giving you an in-depth insight into our colleague and customer experience and commercial, operations and strategy roles at British Airways. You will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to become the type of leader we need, in our journey to A Better BA. On placement you’ll manage projects, be a key player in developing and implementing new ideas and even have the opportunity to coach other colleagues, giving you people management experience. In addition to all these amazing experiences, you’ll also complete a placement at Heathrow Airport in our customer experience team - enabling you to gain a real-life insight on the frontline with our customers and use this learning to influence the projects you’ll be working on.
Across this four-year apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 6 in Chartered Management qualification.
- Active involvement in projects, with the opportunity to lead projects
- Involvement in leading activities such as project management, people management, strategic planning and reporting
- Supporting colleague and client training, learning and development programmes
- Learn about our customer service, our product offering and our operation
- Understand business processes and proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with stakeholders to drive forward British Airways’ strategy and vision
What we look for
- English and Maths GCSE 9-4 (A*-C) is desirable but not essential.
- Hold or be predicted to hold 2 A Level passes or Level 3 equivalent.
- Confident communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Team player with the confidence to lead
- Confident in using Microsoft Office 365 systems (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).