For this 4-year Programme, you’ll be integral to driving initiatives at British Airways. As long as you’re brave in your thinking and determined to prove your abilities and future potential, you’ll flourish.
Online chat to Lucy, one of our former Business Professional apprentices at British Airways, link
Level 6 Chartered Manager
London Heathrow / Working From Home
About the programme
You’ll need to be ready for anything. Why? Because we’ll give you real responsibility from your first day. This apprenticeship will see you taking on four rotational placements, giving you an in-depth insight into commercial, operations and strategy and British Airways so that you can become an aspiring leader of tomorrow. On placement you’ll manage projects, be a key player in introducing new ideas and even have the opportunity to coach other colleagues, giving you people management experience. In addition to all these amazing experiences, you’ll also complete a placement at Heathrow Airport in our customer experience team - enabling you to gain a real-life insight on the frontline with our customers, and use this learning to influence the projects you’ll be working on.
Across this four year apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 6 in Chartered Management qualification.
- Active involvement in projects, with the opportunity to lead projects
- Involvement in leading activities such as project management, people management, strategic planning and reporting
- Understand business processes and proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with stakeholders to drive forward British Airways’ strategy and vision
What we look for
- English and Maths GCSE 9-4 (A*-C) is desirable but not essential.
- Hold or be predicted to hold 2 A Level passes or Level 3 equivalent.
- Confident communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Team player with the confidence to lead
- Confident in using Microsoft Office 365 systems (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
Important qualification information
As part of your application process, we will be asking you a few questions to establish if you are eligible for funding as part of this apprenticeship. All information you give will be checked and verified later.Here is what you will be asked for when you apply:
- Confirmation that you don’t already hold a qualification in the subject area of the Apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
- Are you able to prove that you have the right to live and work full time in the UK, without sponsorship from British Airways?
- Do you hold a valid and current passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland?
- Can you confirm that you have not lived or worked outside of the UK with-in the last three years?
If you are able to satisfy the above entry and eligibility criteria, then we encourage you to apply!
If you’re not a UK passport holder we’ll need you confirm that you don’t already have a disqualifying qualification, that you have lived in the UK continuously for the last three years, and that, if you hold a visa, you don’t have any work restrictions.
Based on your responses we’ll do some further checks to confirm your eligibility for the programme.