These are exciting times at British Airways. We’re making a massive investment in our fleet and customer experience, which means change is an ongoing process. With so many key projects in progress or in the pipeline, this apprenticeship is a great opportunity. Learning, earning and gaining a Level 4 qualification will be a brilliant foundation for a project management career.
Higher Apprenticeship (level 4) as Associate Project Manager; equivalent to Foundation degree and above
This programme is now closed for applications for our 2019 intake. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when our apprenticeship programmes will be opening again for applications.
About the programme
You’ll be in amongst the action at the forefront of our growth, seeing projects through from start to finish. The focus is supporting our Project Managers with tasks like communicating with stakeholders, gathering project information and keeping documents up to date. There will be lots of collaboration with different teams. So, you’ll quickly learn the ins and outs of our business.
We’ll see you as a valuable member of the project team, helping to plan, organise and deliver solutions that make a difference. To succeed, you’ll need the confidence to communicate with, and influence people, across the business.
As well as all the training and support you need to go far, the responsibilities will be ideal preparation to help you achieve a Higher Apprenticeship (level 4) as Associate Project Manager.
- Support Project and Programme Managers in planning, managing and delivering projects across British Airways
- Produce information and make recommendations to support project decisions
- Communicate with people across the business to develop working relationships and manage their project expectations
- Help identify and monitor potential project risks and develop plans to resolve them
- Create project documentation
- Learn about different areas of our business by working closely with people at all levels
What we look for
- Must hold or be predicted to obtain the required qualifications before the start of the apprenticeship;
- 2 A-Level passes (any grade A-E)
- 5 GCSEs A*- C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure) or equivalent, including English and Maths at grade A*- C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure)
- Persuasive communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- An effective team member
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organisational and planning ability using your own initiative
- Business awareness, with a customer focus