There’s never been a better time to make things happen at British Airways. We recently celebrated 100 years of flying, so we have big plans and we intend to follow them through. We’re investing in our fleet and shaping new customer experiences in air travel. This Apprenticeship will prepare you to become an expert in such massive projects and how to get things done.
Project Management Apprentice
Online chat to Lucy, one of our former apprentices at British Airways, using this link
Level 4 Associate Project Manager
London Heathrow / Working From Home
About the programme
You’ll be in right in on the action, seeing major growth projects through from start to finish. The focus is supporting our Project Managers, as you take charge of tasks like gathering project research, managing mission-critical documents and communicating with stakeholders. There will be lots of collaborating with different teams, so you’ll quickly learn the ins and outs of our business.
We see you as a valuable member of the project team, helping to plan, organise and deliver solutions that make a difference. To succeed, you’ll need the confidence to influence people the people you meet.
As well as all the training and support you need to go far, your daily responsibilities will be ideal preparation for achieving a Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and becoming Associate Project Manager.
- Support Project and Programme Managers in planning, managing and delivering projects across British Airways.
- Produce information and make recommendations to support project decisions.
- Communicate with people across the business to develop working relationships and manage their project expectations.
- Help identify and monitor potential project risks and develop plans to resolve them.
- Create project documentation.
- Learn about different areas of our business by working closely with people at all levels.
What we look for
- Hold 5 GCSE’s grade 9-4 (A*-C), including English and Maths 9-4 (A*-C) and hold or be predicted to obtain 2 A-Level passes.
- Persuasive communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- An effective team member.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organisational and planning ability using your own initiative.
- Business awareness, with a customer focus.