This apprenticeship will equip you with strong planning, commercial and analytical skills – providing an excellent start to a career in logistics. Working towards a Level 4 qualification, you’ll be earning and learning with a global leader in the industry – IAG Cargo is the partner business to British Airways that transports and incredibly variety of items around the world.
Higher Apprenticeship (level 4) for Data Analyst, equivalent to Foundation Degree and above
About the programme
Our seamless single network offers our customers easy, and convenient access to over 350+ destinations – we transport everything from salad leaves and medicines to supercars and stage sets.
You’ll learn about the commercial side of the business – routes, pricing, reporting. Over two years, you’ll enjoy a number of rotations, lasting between 6-12 months. These will be real roles with real responsibility. You can start creating impact from week one. Our senior management team will be on hand to guide you to success. Helping us achieve Business Plan deliverables will prove invaluable experience for gaining your Level 4, Data Analyst qualification.
Route Support; this role will allow you to work closely with our Route Analysts and learn to work across departments and our network. A second placement toward the end of your programme will allow you to progress with clear accountability for driving performance for the routes and regions that will fall under your day-to-day responsibility
- SDP (Systems, Pricing and Development); an area where you will be required to provide a view across the central support areas of the business.
- Reporting and Projects; within this role you will help to run internal projects that require other departments to work alongside us and to develop analytical skills working on key reporting requirements for the department
- Work closely with Inventory Managers and Market Executives to deliver regional contribution and load factor targets
- Drive and support the regions pricing strategies
- Support the department with system development and conformance
- Ensure regional conformance to booking and rate filing requirements
- Support regional analysis to identify opportunities to increase contribution and then to drive these through with the stakeholders
- Work in support of key department projects in line with the Business Plan deliverables
- Support and drive delivery of contribution and load factor targets
What we look for
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (9-4 on the new grading structure) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- 2 A-Level passes or equivalent
- Strong communication and influencing skills, excellent level of written/spoken English required
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of Excel
- Able to find solutions to complex, cross-functional problems
- Self-starter: able to work on own initiative, make decisions and implement them
- Organised and disciplined - able to manage delivery of multiple objectives
- Displays confidence and resilience, plus an energy to deliver results
- Able to think and work cross-functionally and across various countries/cultures
- Ability to create appropriate management information and insight from various sources of data