IAG Cargo is the partner business to British Airways that transports an incredible range of items all over the world – everything from fresh fruit to endangered species to life-saving drugs. This apprenticeship is the ideal entry into the fast-paced world of cargo, with an NVQ Level 2 to gain along the way.
NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage; Intermediate Apprenticeship equivalent 5 GCSE (A*-C) 9 to 4
This programme is now closed for applications for our 2019 intake. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when our apprenticeship programmes will be opening again for applications.
About the programme
Based at Heathrow, you’ll be at the heart of a fast-moving, global logistics operation. Through a series of rotations, you’ll build your skills and knowledge in a variety of roles and teams, in both our Warehouse and Head Office.
This will enable you to build real experience of handling freight, using our systems and liaising with colleagues and customers. With safety and security front of mind, you’ll offer all round support to ensure everything is handled correctly, and gets to where it’s meant to be on time.
There will be lots of opportunities to learn from experienced colleagues, and to enjoy extensive training and support. It all adds up to a challenging learning experience that will lead to an NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage in your first year.
- Send, receive and inspect customers’ freight
- Work with people from different departments across our business
- Operate a variety of systems, inputting data
- Have the scope to identify and suggest improvements
- Gain broad experience, skills and knowledge through on - the - job learning and formal training
- Learn our health, safety and security standards inside out, so they underpin everything you do
What we look for
- Must hold or be expected to obtain the required qualifications before the start of the apprenticeship;
- GCSEs in English and Maths grade 9-3 or equivalent
- Confidence working with a variety of IT systems
- A good team player with effective communication skills
- Self-motivation to work under pressure and prioritise
- Logical problem-solving skills
- A strong organiser with keen attention to detail
- A positive attitude and commitment to customer service