IAG Cargo is the partner business to British Airways that transports an incredible range of items all over the world – everything from fresh fruit to endangered species to life-saving drugs. This apprenticeship is the ideal entry into the fast-paced world of cargo, with an NVQ Level 2 to gain along the way.
NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage; Intermediate Apprenticeship equivalent to five GCSE (A*-C) 9 to 4
Programme start dates vary from September 2020 to January 2021
This programme is currently closed for applications. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when this apprenticeship programme will be opening for applications.
13th April 2020
About the programme
Based at Heathrow, you’ll be at the heart of a fast-moving, global logistics operation. Through a series of rotations, you’ll build your skills and knowledge in a variety of roles and teams, in both our Warehouse and Head Office.
This will enable you to build real experience of handling freight, using our systems and liaising with colleagues and customers. With safety and security front of mind, you’ll offer all round support to ensure everything is handled correctly, and gets to where it’s meant to be on time.
There will be lots of opportunities to learn from experienced colleagues, and to enjoy extensive training and support. It all adds up to a challenging learning experience that will lead to an NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage in your first year.
- Send, receive and inspect customers’ freight.
- Work with people from different departments across our business.
- Operate a variety of systems, inputting data.
- Have the scope to identify and suggest improvements.
- Gain broad experience, skills and knowledge through on-the-job learning and formal training.
- Learn our health, safety and security standards inside out, so they underpin everything you do.
What we look for
- Must hold or be expected to obtain the required qualifications before the start of the apprenticeship;
- Two GCSEs in English and Maths grade 9-3 (A*-D) or equivalent.
- Confidence working with a variety of IT systems.
- A good team player with effective communication skills.
- Self-motivation to work under pressure and prioritise.
- Logical problem-solving skills.
- A strong organiser with keen attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and commitment to customer service.
Important application information
As part of your application process, we will be asking you a few questions to establish if you are eligible for funding as part of this apprenticeship. All information you give will be checked and verified later.Here is what you will be asked for when you apply:
- Confirmation that you don’t already hold a qualification in the subject area of the Apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
- Are you able to prove that you have the right to live and work full time in the UK, without sponsorship from British Airways?
- Do you hold a valid and current passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland?
- Can you confirm that you have not lived or worked outside of the UK with-in the last three years?
If you are able to satisfy the above entry and eligibility criteria, then we encourage you to apply!
If you’re not a UK passport holder we’ll need you confirm that you don’t already have a disqualifying qualification, that you have lived in the UK continuously for the last three years, and that, if you hold a visa, you don’t have any work restrictions.
Based on your responses we’ll do some further checks to confirm your eligibility for the programme.