If you’ve ever travelled through Heathrow, you’ll know that it’s like a small city – fast-moving and diverse, with thousands of people always on the move. This apprenticeship is your chance to learn and earn in a hands-on role behind the scenes. You’ll get to grips with the operational tasks that keep everything running smoothly for customers – providing a great introduction to an aviation career.
Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2) as Aviation Ground Operative; equivalent to 5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9 in new grading system)
This programme is now closed for applications for our 2019 intake. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when our apprenticeship programmes will be opening again for applications.
About the programme
It takes a carefully coordinated team effort to ensure our customers, and their luggage, leave on time, all the time. British Airways colleagues in Baggage Handling, Aircraft Loading and Ground Logistics all play their part. You’ll gain experience across all three teams, to learn how to operate our different systems and vehicles – and to gain a full understanding of how we deal with disruption and keep fights on schedule.
There’s a big focus on safety and security, so you’ll be kitted out with protective equipment and weather-resistant gear (you’ll be working outdoors in all kinds of conditions). You also need to be flexible and adaptable to different shift patterns, and just as happy being outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions. Of course, we’ll make sure you’re fully equipped with all the proper uniforms and protective equipment you need to keep you safe.
With extensive training, support and hands on experience, the programme will give you everything you need to gain an Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2) as an Aviation Ground Operative.
- Load and unload aircraft quickly, safely and securely as part of an experienced team
- Learn to operate aircraft loading systems, allocation devices and terminal baggage systems
- Gain knowledge of our safety and security standards and understand how to apply them in your work, including wearing protective equipment
- Communicate with customers and colleagues
- Develop your skills, experience and knowledge through a variety of hands-on practical work and coursework as part of a recognised qualification
What we look for
- 3 GCSEs (9-4) A*-C or equivalent, including English and Maths
- A full UK DVLA driving licence, held for a minimum of one year prior to application
- Confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take on physically challenging[FH14] work under pressure
- A positive, professional attitude and commitment to customer service