Fancy seeing behind the scenes of our business? Come and find out how a major airline operates, and what makes change and success happen. On a series of rotations over two years, you’ll get your teeth into a range of different Head Office roles. You can expect to gain a wide variety of experience while developing all round skills.
Level 3 - Business Administration
This programme is currently closed for applications. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when this apprenticeship programme will be opening for applications.
About the programme
You’ll need to be ready for anything. Why? Because we’ll give you real responsibility from your first day. We want you to meet every challenge head on in our fast-paced, collaborative culture. It could be collating and analysing Cabin Crew performance data. Running meetings at Heathrow. Or organising an internal conference. Every step along the way, you’ll be working with, and supported by, people from different teams and business levels.
As well as learning on the job, you’ll benefit from excellent training that’s tailored to ensure you achieve your full potential. It’s an exciting combination designed to help you build a range of valuable skills and experience, so you can develop a successful and rewarding career.
All this is the ideal preparation to help you achieve an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) In Business Administration.
- Work and communicate with colleagues from across our business, including internationally.
- Support and (in your second year) lead a variety of business projects.
- Help to run your department by taking on a range of administrative and general office work, such as arranging meetings, preparing documents and running events.
- Collect and analyse information and data to give us insights into areas such as operational efficiency or business trends.
- Shadow different business teams to understand how they work.
What we look for
- English and Maths GCSE 9-4 (A*-C) is desirable but not essential.
- Confident communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Logical problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 Excel, PowerPoint and Word (essential).
- Work experience in a business/administration environment (desirable).
- Experience of delivering customer service (desirable).
Important application information
As part of your application process, we will be asking you a few questions to establish if you are eligible for funding as part of this apprenticeship. All information you give will be checked and verified later.Here is what you will be asked for when you apply:
- Confirmation that you don’t already hold a qualification in the subject area of the Apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
- Are you able to prove that you have the right to live and work full time in the UK, without sponsorship from British Airways?
- Do you hold a valid and current passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland?
- Can you confirm that you have not lived or worked outside of the UK with-in the last three years?
If you are able to satisfy the above entry and eligibility criteria, then we encourage you to apply!
If you’re not a UK passport holder we’ll need you confirm that you don’t already have a disqualifying qualification, that you have lived in the UK continuously for the last three years, and that, if you hold a visa, you don’t have any work restrictions.
Based on your responses we’ll do some further checks to confirm your eligibility for the programme.