If you want to learn how to deliver exceptional customer experience, there’s no place better than British Airways. With customer care going way beyond a smiling face at the ticket desk, we’ve made sure our Apprenticeship deals with every aspect too.
Level 2 - Aviation Ground Operative, Intermediate Apprenticeship equivalent to 5 GCSEs A* - C (9-4)
This programme is now closed for applications for our 2019 intake. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when our apprenticeship programmes will be opening again for applications.
About the programme
Working across the whole of Heathrow Customer Service –from Check in and Connections to Arrivals and Premium areas – you’ll get a real insight into the whole customer journey. Interacting with a diverse range of British Airways colleagues, and customers from all walks of life, your day will be anything but ‘every day’. Working in shifts with some of the best in the business, you’ll meet, greet, deal with queries and be a true ambassador for our brand.
With so many customers coming through Heathrow every day, it’ll be fast-paced and challenging too. But with your natural adaptability, not to mention your passion for customer service, you’ll also find it deeply satisfying and a fantastic platform for a British Airways career.
To get you off to the best possible start, we’ll make sure you’re up to speed with full training, before putting you in the highly experienced hands of our welcoming, friendly team. And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll also support you as you work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2) as Aviation Ground Operative.
- Respectfully and sensitively deal with customers to identify needs and issues
- Use in-depth knowledge of British Airways products, services, policies and systems to provide solutions
- Focus on service excellence, safety and security
- Be an ambassador for the British Airways brand
- Build relationships with customers, as well as colleagues within your team and the business
What we look for
- Must hold or be predicted to obtain required grades before the apprenticeship start date;
5 GCSEs A*- C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure) or equivalent, including English and Maths at grade A*- C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure).
- IT competency
- Passion for customer service
- Great communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Effective team players