If you want to learn how to deliver exceptional customer experience, there’s no place better than British Airways. With customer care going way beyond a smiling face at the ticket desk, we’ve created a rounded Apprenticeship programme to support and accelerate your progress.
Salary: £14,800 + Shift Pay
Online chat to William, one of our Customer Service apprentices, using this link
Level 2 – Aviation Customer Service Operative
About the programme
Working on varied shifts in Customer Service at Heathrow, you’ll take on duties across the team – from check in and flight connections to arrivals and premium areas. Your helpful, welcoming personality will equip you to meet, greet, deal with queries and be a true ambassador for our brand. The work will give you a great insight into the whole customer journey. We can promise that most days will be anything but ‘every day’, especially with so many different customers to meet and colleagues to support in our ever-changing industry.
With thousands of customers coming through Heathrow each day, life will be fast-paced and tough at times. But with your natural adaptability, and passion for customer service, you’ll rise to the challenge and build the foundations of a British Airways career.
To get you off to the best possible start, we’ll make sure you’re up to speed with full training. Then you’ll be in the highly experienced hands of our welcoming, friendly team. We’ll also support you as you work towards an the Level 2 Aviation Customer Service Operative Apprenticeship.APPLY NOW
- Respectfully and sensitively deal with customers to identify needs and issues.
- Use in-depth knowledge of British Airways products, services, policies and systems to provide solutions.
- Focus on service excellence, safety and security.
- Be an ambassador for the British Airways brand.
- Build relationships with customers, as well as colleagues within your team and the business.
What we look for
- English and Maths GCSE 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- IT competency.
- Passion for customer service.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Effective teamworking.
Important application information
You must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Record Check and provide satisfactory references for the last five years to get an airside pass.
You’ll wear the British Airways uniform with no visible tattoos or body piercing.
You should be fluent in both spoken and written English, and hold a valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) with the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK .