If you want to learn how to deliver exceptional customer experience, there’s no place better than British Airways. With customer care going way beyond a smiling face at the ticket desk, we’ve created a rounded apprenticeship programme to support and speed your progress.
Level 2 - Aviation Ground Operative, Intermediate Apprenticeship equivalent to 5 GCSEs A* - C (9-4)
This programme is now closed for applications for our 2019 intake. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when our apprenticeship programmes will be opening again for applications.
About the programme
Working in shifts in Customer Service at Heathrow, you’ll take on duties across the team – from Check in and Connections to Arrivals and Premium areas. Your helpful, welcoming personality will equip you to meet, greet, deal with queries and be a true ambassador for our brand. The work will give you a great insight into the whole customer journey. We can promise that most days will be anything but ‘every day’, especially with so many different customers to meet and colleagues to support.
With thousands of customers coming through Heathrow each day, life will be fast-paced and tough at times. But with your natural adaptability, and passion for customer service, you’ll rise to the challenge and build the foundations of a British Airways career.
To get you off to the best possible start, we’ll make sure you’re up to speed with full training. Then you’ll be in the highly-experienced hands of our welcoming, friendly team. If that wasn’t enough, we’ll also support you as you work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2) as Aviation Ground Operative.
- Respectfully and sensitively deal with customers to identify needs and issues
- Use in-depth knowledge of British Airways products, services, policies and systems to provide solutions
- Focus on service excellence, safety and security
- Be an ambassador for the British Airways brand
- Build relationships with customers, as well as colleagues within your team and the business
What we look for
- Must hold or be predicted to obtain required grades before the apprenticeship start date;
5 GCSEs A*- C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure) or equivalent, including English and Maths at grade A*- C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure)
- IT competency
- Passion for customer service
- Great communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Effective teamworking