There’s nothing routine about our Customer Contact Apprenticeship, from the variety of customer queries to the need to work different shifts. You’ll be dealing with our customers every day, getting a buzz from answering their questions, sorting out their issues and, hopefully, making their day.
Level 2 Customer Service
Manchester or Newcastle
About the programme
We’ll make sure you’re ready to deliver the very best service to our customers by giving you full training on everything that goes into our unique British Airways hospitality. It’s not about following a script – it’s about using your personal judgement and product knowledge to get the best outcome for all, even when you’re dealing with incredibly sensitive situations.
With your natural adaptability and flair for customer service, not to mention the support and training from your colleagues, you’ll also find it deeply satisfying and an excellent opportunity to build your skills. It’s a demanding, high pressure, but ultimately rewarding role that gives you the kind of experience and knowledge that’ll be valuable in any part of our business.
What’s more, in addition to the in-depth, on-the-job training, over the two-year programme, you’ll be working your way to achieve a Level 2 in customer service.
You'll handle a diverse range of contacts from customers in every corner of the globe, playing a crucial role in helping us to connect Britain with the world, and the world with Britain. From answering queries, and creating and changing bookings, every contact is different. You'll encounter a huge variety of customer situations, with every day bringing something new.
Whether dealing with first-time BA customers, or the much-loved frequent-flying members of our Executive Club, you'll aim to delight each one in a way that feels good to you. We'll empower you with the freedom to find the best solution for the customer using your knowledge of our vast network and world-class products.
What we look for
- A genuine passion for helping people and an ambition to succeed
- A desire to go above and beyond for our customers
- Strong, clear and effective communication skills so you exceed customer expectations
- A genuine interest in travel and keen to acquire knowledge of our great destinations, our systems and our airline
- A team player
- Empathetic and able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working, with a positive can-do attitude
- Computer literate and capable of operating new systems