Closing Date: 6th April 2020
Programme start dates vary from September 2020 to January 2021
Duration: 2 Years
Location: London Heathrow
Qualification: Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) in Information Technology
This programme is currently closed for applications. Please sign up for job alerts here, to receive notifications on when this apprenticeship programme will be opening for applications.
Our Higher IT Apprenticeship is a journey of discovery – one where you identify how and where you will truly excel. It’s a two-year programme revealing how technology is the spark, the fuel and the momentum that powers a global airline. And, because in this business we have to progress at lightning speed, we’re able to broaden your horizons and introduce you to technical skills that make you the future of IT.
About the programme
Imagine working in an agile environment on topics such as Operations & Infrastructure, Cyber, Digital, Architecture, Programmes and Dev SecOps. These are just a few of the exciting IT placements you could evolve in. And your challenge will be finding creative uses of technology and transforming the customer journey. But don’t worry, you’ll have the training and support to show you how.
Picture yourself working with stakeholders and external third-party suppliers on a wide range of IT initiatives that enhance our business and accelerate your development. You could find yourself presenting your thoughts and ideas to help shape the future of the airline industry. Experience will come to you quickly through a series of valuable placements. We will help you identify what you enjoy, and along the way there will be opportunities to reflect on your strengths, individual needs and career paths.
What we look for
- Must hold at least two A Levels or equivalent, including five GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C), including English and Maths 9-4 (A*-C).
- We’re mainly interested in your passion and motivation for a career in technology.
- Your analytical and logical approach.
- Soft skills are just as important as technical skills and so you will have a rounded skillsset.
- You have the ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- It’s also essential that you have the right to live and work full-time in the UK indefinitely without sponsorship from IAG Tech.
Important application information
You will be employed on an IAG GBS contract and assessed throughout your two-year programme. After the programme, your technology career could develop in many different directions – determined by your ambition and business needs.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high application volumes we receive year-on-year, we may close our IAG Tech Apprenticeship programme earlier than the planned closing date. To avoid disappointment, we strongly recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
As part of your application process, we will be asking you a few questions to establish if you are eligible for funding as part of this apprenticeship. All information you give will be checked and verified later.
Here is what you will be asked for when you apply:
- Confirmation that you don’t already hold a qualification in the subject area of the Apprenticeship at the same or a higher level.
- Are you able to prove that you have the right to live and work full time in the UK, without sponsorship from British Airways?
- Do you hold a valid and current passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland?
- Can you confirm that you have not lived or worked outside of the UK within the last three years?
- If you are able to satisfy the above entry and eligibility criteria, then we encourage you to apply!
If you’re not a UK passport holder we’ll need you confirm that you don’t already have a disqualifying qualification, that you have lived in the UK continuously for the last three years, and that, if you hold a visa, you don’t have any work restrictions.
Based on your responses we’ll do some further checks to confirm your eligibility for the programme.